Mechanical Package Manager, Frankfurt, Frankfurt
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury’s culture has always been deeply rooted in its rigorous approach to ensuring employee safety and wellbeing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file
- Management of Site QA, specifically with regards to the Mechanical package including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project team, consulting Engineer and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with Project including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minute meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable.
- Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
- Upload to the project File key system, with the support of the project QS, internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Issue internal weekly progress report, to the Project Manager, highlighting areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage. This will be rolled up into the external Project report.
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with your team.
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- All other duties associated with this role.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.