Fire Protection Estimator, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
· As part of an established team of Fire Protection professionals the successful candidate will be involved reviewing incoming tender enquiries and prepare cost estimates based on required design standards and specification requirements for all sustainability, small works and maintenance projects.
· Preparation of cost submissions for all forms of fire protection systems, including sprin-kler protection, gas suppression, water mist, hose-reels, fire hydrant and dry riser sys-tems.
· Advising managers of bid prospects.
· Attending pre & post tender interviews.
· Complying specialist sub-contract quotes.
· Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification.
· Completing take-offs from tender drawings/site job cards etc.
· Report regularly to management on competitor activity, market trends and any other market dynamics that may be useful to management.
· Liaising with Fire Protection Commercial / Sustainability Team
· Prepare cost submissions for contract variations, including all back up data to ensure smooth transition at final account stage.
· Liaise with site teams to ensure scope of works are fully captured and understood.
· Assist on project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
· A Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical Engineering and/or Industry certification in Sprinkler design.
· A minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Understand methods of measurement and the concept of cost/valuation reconciliations
· Computer literacy in relevant estimating packages
· Good working knowledge Sprinkler/Fire Protection work packages
· Strong analytical ability
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
· A construction/Sprinkler background
· Computer skills - Windows, MS Office
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now