Graduate Health and Safety Advisor - Milan, Frankfurt, Europe
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations.
Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), and Healthcare & Building Services.
Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded an overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
We are looking for Graduate EHS Advisors in our team to work with us in data centers environment in Frankfurt and Milan.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Advise requirements of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Ensure compliance with Site EHS Plans, relevant Method statements, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Safety Statements, Safety Health and Welfare at Work & Environmental Legislation, Approved Code of Practice and Best Practice.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspections, document results, and follow up on any corrective actions of concerns
- Ensure that records of statutory inspections are kept for activities and plant
- Adopt a Proactive approach in accordance with company policies
- Provide EHS input to site meetings
- Attend on-site EHS meetings as required
- Be available to any HAS & EPA inspector
- Complete a weekly task report
- All other duties associated with this role
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1 in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & coordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now