Construction Manager, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure a safe working environment for all of the people under your management.
- Establish the detailed scope for this project.
- Be exceptionally diligent in managing project changes. Ensure that a verifiable and verified paper trail exists for all changes
- You are the Mercury manager for all scope associated with the fire protection on this project.
- You must ensure that all work is planned and executed in strict alignment to the programme schedule; with the right people in the right place, at the right time.
- You will work with the design team to ensure that all materials; designs and equipment are available ahead of the need.
- You will be the primary driver of the Weekly and daily work plans.
- You will ensure that all personnel understand what “change” looks like and you will ensure that all changes are costed and approved before work commences.
- Work with the planning department to develop a schedule to meet the client’s schedule needs, and to deliver all milestones ahead of schedule.
- Understand in detail the scope to be delivered in your discipline, and have a thorough understanding of the design.
- Work with Client, Main Contractor and Design department to clarify design deliverables and ensure design schedules are met.
- The Fire Protection Team will build and monitor the schedule with you, it is you that owns the execution of the works to meet that schedule. You and/or your team will work with the planners to develop a “Last Planner” level of detail schedule.
- You must ensure that all team members under your control:
- Manage and Control Internal and External Reporting of Projects.
- Manager updating of progress reporting.
- Ensure > 0.99% right first time on all works.
- Ensure that every member of your team has the required training to enable them to deliver the project requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel are committed to the IFW philosophy on site.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- A trade background with 5-10 years previous experience in supervising large installation crews and sub-contractors.
- Proven record of supervising and managing large installation projects
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Experienced in design and build
- Good technical knowledge of electrical systems
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within strict deadlines
- Ability to drive a large-scale project
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now