Graduate Programme 2021, Ireland, U.K. and Europe
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Our Graduate Programme:
At Mercury, we are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become the leaders of tomorrow. We invest in the training and development of our team and provide the support and experience you need to fulfil your potential.
Our Graduate Programme has proved greatly successful in empowering our graduates to develop the vital skills and competencies needed for a lasting career with us. We are committed to engaging and progressing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office-based, project-specific experience, experiential learning and formal training, providing our graduates with insights and experience across the business.
Mercury has been recognised by Grad Ireland as one of Ireland's leading graduate employers and last year saw our largest ever intake of 55 graduates and were nominated for Grad Ireland’s Graduate Employer of the Year award for 2020. This was achieved despite the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic and further showcases our adaptability and innovation. We are determined to increase our uptake of graduates again this year and are committed to providing a rewarding and challenging programme, with an exciting range of graduate positions across the company.
Our structured training & graduate programme takes two years. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates. The courses are delivered by external and internal subject-matter experts in a dedicated learning environment. We have a strong link with Engineers Ireland, and we support graduates who wish to pursue Chartered Engineer status. Each Graduate is assigned a mentor in their first year and an executive coach in their second.
- Develop graduates to achieve maximum effectiveness in their roles.
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs.
- Develop, motivate and retain our graduates.
- Provide skills for future innovations within Mercury.
Training and Career Development:
Graduates receive training through initiatives delivered by leading training providers such as Engineers Ireland and Dale Carnegie. Graduates are assigned with projects and mentors. Mercury ensures that we utilise the knowledge and expertise of our people through a graduate mentoring programme. The project titles are focused on key areas of the business. The projects are presented to our senior management team.
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Experience in a diverse range of specialisations and projects
- Opportunity to work internationally
- Online training initiatives
- CPD training
- Support for chartership in employee’s profession
- Continuous Training and Development
- Lunchtime seminars
- Avail of CITA events and training
- Mentoring programmes.
Grad Programme Key Features:
- Induction programme
- Project Management
- Presentation skills
- SAP technical training
- Engineer Seminars
- AutoCAD training
- Building effectiveness
- Team building
- Time Management
- Planning skills
- Collaborative working
- Emotional intelligence
Our structured training program takes two years, during which time graduates will have the opportunity to work in a series of interesting and varied roles.
We have opportunities for Graduates in Ireland, U.K and Europe. See below some of our positions available:
- Graduate Mechanical Engineers
- Graduate Electrical Engineers
- Graduate QA/QC Engineers (M+E)
- Graduate Quantity Surveyor (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Graduate Fire Protection Engineers (Mechanical Engineers)
- Graduate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor
- Graduate Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineers
- Graduate Planners
- Group Support Graduates (Business Management, IT, Finance, Change Management, BIM)
For more information please go to our website: https://www.mercuryeng.com/careers/learning-development/graduate-programmes/
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now