Transport Manager, Kildare, Kildare
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight requirements.
- Directing all transportation activities (including dispatching, routing, road closures & oversized load transportation). Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries on a daily/weekly basis.
- Implementing a system for site deliveries. Coordinating deliveries with client system and Internal site logistics.
- Coordinating all interaction with freight forwarders, arrange duty & VAT paperwork and payments. Ensure zero demurrage at keyside.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with suppliers, site & OSM’s
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Work closely with Logistics manager in developing transport strategy. Identify third party transport companies and develop transportation relationships.
- Work closely with Procurement Project Manager to Negotiating transportation prices & monitoring costs to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Communicate effectively with site & off site manufacturing facilities (OSM’s). Manage specific site and OSM requirements in a timely manner.
- Ensure Company is in compliance with local and international laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials, oversized loads & road closures. Work closely with company legal team to resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
- Central point of contact for all OSM, site and supplier transport related queries
- Conduct root cause analysis to verify and resolve complaints.
- Develop electronic and paper based filing system for all transport related activities.
- Proven work experience as a Transport Manager min. 5 years
- Proficient in standard business office software , SAP
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry
- Good intuition to make crucial judgement calls
- Seek input from others to identify issues in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and procedures
- Generate novel solutions to business challenges
- Suggest new ways of applying existing knowledge to continuously improve business outcomes
- Provide clear instructions and information to internal & external departments and suppliers.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now