Master Data Administrator - Dublin, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Description: Reporting to the Master Data Manager, the Master Data Administrator performs a variety of functions in accordance with the Master Data Governance policies and procedures. Primary responsibility is to coordinate the collection, maintenance, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise's official shared Master Data assets including suppliers, materials and Pricing in the core business systems. The Master Data Administrator works with analysts, internal departments and commercial business units to resolve data issues and carries out Mass data system updates as necessary in line with defined data standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume ownership and responsibility for accuracy of vendors, pricing and product data in core systems.
- Creation and maintenance of Key Master data objects such as Material Masters, Equipment Masters, vendors, pricing records upon request from various business stakeholders
- Resolve AP, and Master Data queries via e-mail and telephone
- Manage a smooth workflow of data from various sources and gathering this information in the correct format in line with defined SOPs.
- Adherence to defined company Data Standards and work instructions
- Build relationships with Central functions and Support other business users through the timely resolution of Master Data Queries.
- Work with internal departments and local users on any Master Data related projects to ensure progressive development and accuracy of data.
- Engage with Business Analyst and third party vendors as required.
- Initiate regular data audits to identify any discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, projects and any other assigned tasks and duties as directed, to support the team
Key Performance Indicators
- All incoming requests are processed accurately and timely
- All timelines and deadlines adhered to
- Positive feedback from internal customers
- Project work is completed and on time
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role and ideally have systems administration experience, on an ERP system such as (SAP) is a distinct advantage
- Deadline focused with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical/ Problem solving skills
- Knowledge in data quality improvement
- Ability to work on own initiative, motivated, self-starter and Team player.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to communicate standards to other staff members and internal customers.
- Excellent admin and IT skills, proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.