EHS Advisor, Slough, U.K
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Adherence to the project & Mercury Engineering Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & leg-islation
- Adherence to Mercury Engineering & PSCS Environmental, Health & Safety Plans.
- Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assess-ments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
- Compliance with the project execution plan.
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
- Ongoing C.O.S.H.H assessments, control of hazardous substances.
- Ensuring that safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Maintain records of statutory inspections make available for project activities, tool and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Ensure project sub-contractors adhere to project & group EHS policies & proce-dures.
- Ensure that Mercury Engineering induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks, as necessary
- Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to Mercury Engineering project management.
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
- Up to date documentation is included with the Safety File.
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety
- 5+ years’ experience of managing environmental, health and safety on large con-struction sites.
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation
- Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communi-cations skills.
- NEBOSH certificate level qualification
- Close attention to detail
- Good team-working skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now