Financial Accountant, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world's leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life-changing advancements that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients' visions through leading-edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realize their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of the Role:
The right candidate will support our journey to streamline financial and operational processes, including implementation of new systems & processes to accommodate rapid growth and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
You must be a driven, high energy, customer service focused individual that can work well with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, a critical thinker who can drive projects and make an impact. You have exceptional collaboration and communication skills and a desire to help drive business goals in a matrix organization. You are a process improver that can easily pick up the high-level business goals and apply them to the finance and accounting operations.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager
- Supporting elements of the year-end audit both at group and local levels
- Supporting the creation and presentation of financial analysis such as overheads and other expenses
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the business to drive cross functional performance improvements.
- Support the Identification and delivery of solutions that will enhance and automate existing processes.
- One of the key team members that will be involved in the on-going work to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Create strong business partnerships within your own team and across all teams in the business
- Project and stakeholder management skills will be essential as well as experience in process improvement, ability to bring people on the journey from planning through execution and finally maintain the new & improved process
- Key callout, Mercury is on a journey to strengthen its financial reporting processes, controls, and team structure, this will be a key focus for this role
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum 3 years’ experience in multinational environment.
- Demonstrate stakeholder management experience.
- Relevant industry PQE with large, fast-growing, multi-national company.
- Previous experience undertaking process improvement tasks or projects.
- Excellent, project management skills.
- Very organised and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong foundation in Financial Accounting, compliance with experience of initiating and driving projects to completion.
- Proven ability to multitask, with ability to design plans and deliver against them.
- Strong IT and analytical skills (experience with SAP ERP or similar package is desirable).
- Experienced in Microsoft Suite with strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint (SAP BW and PowerBi experience would also be useful)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with audit work either as an auditor or as part of a finance team working through the audit process
- Self-starter with a drive to deliver high quality work, on-time while adding value
Mercury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now