Commercial Lead, Milan, Italy
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide support to Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying functions including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations and provide advice and monitoring of same to construction team
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to management.
- Compile monthly progress applications and ensure they are inclusive of accurate remeasure, site variations, dayworks or claims
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Manage subcontractor accounts from initial award to interim valuation, variations and final account.
- Managing and forecasting of turnover and cash flow of the projects
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, Analyse and report on trends within the Business & Projects
- Provide Data and analysis of issues & risks as required by Management.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Group Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
- All other duties associated with this role
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Relevant third level qualification essential in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience post qualification in a big onsite environment
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now