Senior Buyer, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Deliver best in class performance through professional, competitive and efficient buying processes, controls and systems for their project(s). Potentially leading and mentoring junior procurement personnel.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Write Procurement Project Execution Plans
- Conduct Site Visits to meet with project teams.
- Create Procurement Schedules with project teams and planning function.
- Purchase equipment, materials and/or services for assigned projects.
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of goods and/or services required for assigned projects.
- Negotiate vendor alliances and associated material masters.
- Assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Assist in proposals support when required.
- Ensure that the Authority Matrix is followed stringently.
- Expected to work with only general supervision.
- Create internal reports.
- Conduct complex bid process and do commercial evaluations.
- Identify new supplier sources and recommend new sourcing strategies in assigned area.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and/services required for assigned projects.
- Independently consolidate and analyse information from various sources to develop effective procurement schedules.
- Conduct external reporting (outside of procurement department)
- Produce the project budget for project requirements.
- Create procurement budget tracker.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently.
- Expert SAP user
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Electrical/Mechanical buying experience
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now