Quantity Surveyor, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
As a QS for the project, it is your responsibility to make sure that all aspects of the job are price agreed to ensure an acceptable rate of return to Mercury. You are also required to ensure that we maintain a sufficient history/paper trail to effectively support all payment and claim submissions. You are required to set specific goals for your elements of the project that align with the overall project goals and manage the delivery of these goals in a forward looking and controlled manner.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
To provide support to the Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying functions including, but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and preparation of subcontract documentation, and ensuring compliance
- Pricing of Mechanical and Electrical tenders as required
- Measurement & pricing of contract variations
- Preparation of monthly Interim Application for Payments when applicable
- Issuing of contractual notices and evaluate loss and expense/acceleration claims
- Providing fast, accurate, competitive and profitable estimates to enquiries
- Liaising with the client, main contractor and other departments
- Measurement of site progress on a weekly basis including productivity, physical quantum measures as required
- Financial and contractual control of sub-contractor’s accounts.
- Providing accurate, reliable turnover and cashflow forecast on each project
- Carry out ongoing full review of project cost plan to ensure target contributions/margins are achieved
- Provide advice and mentoring to QS team especially graduates or personnel on scholarship programme.
- Identify, analysis and report on trends on the project
- Managing and forecasting the Cash flow of your package
- Improve and implement best practise commercial processes
- All other duties associated with this role
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Academically (Degree) qualified and or relevant experience in the industry
- 3-5 years’ experience in a QS role
- A wide understanding of work contracts
- A working knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Work Packages
- Good with Figures
- Able to negotiate with clients on a professional level
- Experience in use of Excel a requirement
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.