Graduate Health and Safety Advisor, London
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
We have an opportunity for a Graduate Health and Safety Advisor to start immediately in London, United Kingdom.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Advise requirements of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Ensure compliance with Site EHS (Enviromental Health and Safety) Plans, relevant Method statements, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Safety Statement, Safety Health and Welfare at Work & Environmental Legislation, Approved Code of Practice and Best Practice.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions of concerns
- Ensure that records of statutory inspections are kept for activities and plant
- Adopt a Proactive approach in accordance with company policies
- Provide EHS input to site meetings
- Attend on-site EHS meetings as required
- Be available to any HAS & EPA inspector
- Complete a weekly task report
- All other duties associated with this role.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
Our structured Graduate Programme takes two years. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates.
For more information please go to our website: https://www.mercuryeng.com/careers/learning-development/graduate-programmes/
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now