Junior Buyer, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
Deliver best in class performance through professional, competitive and efficient buying processes, controls and systems.
- To obtain quality goods and services in both a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Sourcing suppliers and service providers.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and service providers.
- Arrange for the purchase and delivery of goods.
- Create purchase orders using SAP.
- Conduct bid analysis and make recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- Experience in a similar role within an engineering or construction company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Negotiating experience
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Previous SAP experience.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now