Contract Administration Support, London
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
The purpose of the Job is to provide a comprehensive financial and administrative support service to the datacentre operational team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that sales invoices are raised in a correct and timely manner.
- Ensuring that Extra Works jobs are raised, billed and closed in a timely manner at the correct gross margin.
- Raising purchase orders in line with company requirements.
- Assisting the Contract Manager in the management of WIP and debt.
- Understanding the contract, including scope and terms & conditions.
- Assisting the Contract Manager in ensuring compliance with Health & Safety requirements, including H&S reporting (e.g. Hazard Reporting) and promoting a safe working environment.
- Management of helpdesk and asset management systems as required on the contract.
- Maintaining on site personnel records including training matrixes, holiday and sickness records and timesheets.
- Assist with monthly Client report preparation and submission.
- Working with the contract manager to help improve the financial standards of the contract that are measured against monthly key performance indicators.
- Achieve results within quality and time restraints.
- Perform with an understanding of business requirements and changes and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in a diverse and effective team.
- Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are always prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices.
- Assisting in the administration of issuing of permits to work. Job Description 5 TSS-COR-PRS-JBD-V00-Job Description www.mercuryeng.com
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff and clients.
- Ensure the professional image is always presented to clients
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A good basic education is essential, with at least GCSE passes in Maths and English or equivalent.
- Higher educational qualifications to ‘A’ level/HNC/D or degree would be beneficial or equivalent.
- Good PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook – intermediate to advance level, desirable skills in PowerPoint.
- Previous experience of a customer-facing role using operating systems such as Dynamics AX or Concept software.
- Some financial / accounting experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal, and good basic standard of written, communication skills.
- Self-motivated and systematic.
- Results/ task orientated, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Committed to customer service delivery.
- Reliable and committed.
- Confidential and discrete approach.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities.
- Be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time.
- Knowledge of CAFM systems and ERP software tools
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now