Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Experience in dealing with cranes
- Know the rules and regulations associated with being a banksperson
- Have an understanding of the working of the plant and equipment used of the move-in of equipment
- Competent in the erection / dismantling of scaffolds
- May involve General Operative duties during periods where work was slack
Essential Criteria for the role:
- 2-5 years construction site experience in the rigging and moving of all major plant and equipment
- Stage 3 or 4 riggers cert
- Experience and ability directing a crew to safely install large & heavy equipment.
- Experience and ability to load light and heavy bore pipework safely onto pipe racks.
- Experience and ability to safely use all types of rigging equipment.
- Experience and ability to lift loads safely using cranes of different sizes.
- Experience and ability to safely direct tele-handlers when lifting loads.
- Construction rigging background.
- Flexible to carry out all aspects of rigging tasks.
- Appointed person CPCS card for crane operations would be an advantage.
- Rigging/ Slinging ticket
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Ability to drive a large-scale project
- A construction background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.