Project Manager - Preconstruction, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Healthcare & Building Services. Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
Scope of the Role:
Mercury is currently looking for an experienced project manager to join our pre-construction team. The role will be based in our head office in Dublin.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and independent individual that can contribute to our team with deep knowledge and understanding of how construction projects come together.
The role will be focused in doing the project management of our bids, being the single point of contact for the clients and to present our proposal to internal stake holders and the client
Responsibilities of the role:
- Review the project documentation and set up a project execution plan for the proposal.
- Prepare presentations for the internal project review
- Prepare presentations for client meetings
- Engage with designers for proposals on detailed design development
- Engage with the delivery business unit to identify a team for the project
- Review tender deliverables and develop responses to all tender deliverables
- Drive a critical review of the project and table alternative proposals for a better delivery of the project
- Review the construction methodology to identify programme implications and any necessary temporary works.
- Plan out the logistics of the project and develop a draft logistics plan.
- Engage with supply chain to identify possible supply chain partners for the specific projects
- Review project responsibility matrix to clarify the scope for the bidding subcontractors.
- Review subcontract proposals and review technical / commercial comparison for evaluation and selection of preferred bidder
- Review project control sheet and the estimate.
- Review requirements for lifting and cranes and develop a crane strategy for the project.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans to deal with these risks.
- And many other interesting parts of the preparation of the proposal.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- M.Sc. in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as project manager in industrial (MEP-heavy) construction projects.
- Fluently communicating in German or French is an advantage.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now