BIM - 3D Piping Designer, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including: Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Produce co-ordinated 3D BIM piping models from 2D P&IDs and General Arrangement Drawings.
- Ensure correct fittings/components are used throughout to enable accurate fabrication and constructability.
- Include accurate piping supports as required.
- Carry out clash detection to ensure a clash-free design.
- Collaborate with engineers, other trade disciplines and other team members.
- Generate Piping Isometrics (ISOs) and verify accuracy.
- Document management using BIM360 or other Common Data Environment (CDE)
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 3rd Level Engineering or BIM qualification or Mechanical Trade background with good computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of the following:
- Carbon Steel, Stainless-Steel, and PVC pipe and fittings
- Piping supports / Unistrut Systems
- Piping fabrication and installation
- Ability to read and comprehend piping isometrics
- Proficient in reading P&IDs and schematics
- Familiar with working with scans & point clouds
- Motivated individual with good communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in some or all software’s below;
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- CADWorx Plant
- CADWorx Structure
- Microsoft Office
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Jetzt Bewerben