Mechanical Commissioning Manager, Paris, France
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Role:
- Active participation in development of the Cx related activities within Project schedule and Programme. Close coordination with all facets of the Project Team is expected to ensure that all stakeholders (both external & internal) requirements and Needs are considered, with cognisance of the contract documentation.
- Undertake a review of the IFC Design and produce a report of the with respect to risk and opportunity that presents.
- Develop and coordinate a Cx tracking schedule to include all Mechanical systems and with consideration for the integration to/from all electrical equipment/systems.
- Shall attend weekly coordination, Design, integration, Discipline, OFCI & CFCI meetings with intent on adding value on all elements that may relate to and effect Cx & Testing activity on the project.
- Shall attend FWT (Factory Witness testing) by requirement.
- Shall Chair / Co Chair a weekly Cx Management Meeting with Sub contractors, Vendors. MOM to be recorded and circulated in a timely manner.
- Review and comment on all related Technical Submissions & RFI.
- Review and comment on all Vendor testing Script
- Review and comment on all Cx related RAMS.
- Shall review all test packs presented by the sub-contractor, Vendors in line with design critera and compliance to ensure that the testing process if fully aligned with expectation i.e. the employer’s requirements, best practice, local and international standards.
- Shall witness Testing and Cx activities in the field and report on same.
- Shall monitor the construction related activity in conjunction with the Mechanical, Electrical and CSA discipline leads to ensure that there are no gaps in scope, missed opportunity or risk to programme based on variance.
- Shall coordinate with the Integration Team to ensure that the natural crossover in programme and deliverables are captured including Beneficial Use areas.
- Shall make themselves aware of and familiar with the Mercury Way, SharePoint, EIDA and all other interface/repositories used on the project as soon as possible. Training shall be provided
- Shall keep a daily diary and issue a weekly report (Format to be agreed by Line Manager).
- Shall fully coordinate the Cx Process and Activities by CFCI, OFCI Vendors on the project. Support and reporting from Level 0 – though L5.
- Shall lead the project handover / turnover packs at each Level of the Cx Tagging Process. Shall be the signatory for the Mechanical Cx Form in EIDA.
- Analyse functional performance logs and monitoring data to verify performance of all systems. (In conjunction with BMS contractor on main plant).
- Counter sign testing and commissioning certification.
- Shall, by request, carry out QAQC inspections onsite and at the Vendor Factory to ensure that they are compliant with the stated documents submitted and in linw with the company standards and expectations.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Degree in Engineering and at least 3 years’ experience in a Mechanical Commissioning Manager role on large scale industrial projects.
- A thorough understanding of building regulation and European standards, codes and practices.
- The ability to manage and execute a full IST and previous experience in the past is essential.
- The development of all required IST documentation and to manage the completion of same on a digital platform.
- Excellent organisational skills and be effective at prioritising tasks to achieve project deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to report to the management team and client.
- Ability to produce detailed reports, presentations, and assignments regularly and to an extremely high standard.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat.
- Manage and deal successfully with all client and contractor vendors to ensure specifications are adhered to and all plant/equipment is commissioned on time and in line with the tagging /commissioning process.
- Ability to delegate successfully and to know when and who to delegate to.
- Ability to thrive in a team-working environment and have strong social skills.
- Lead, manage and motivate the entire team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ambition to succeed and progress.
- Passion for delivering results.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.