Graduate Programme 2023, Ireland, U.K. and Europe
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations.
Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), and Healthcare & Building Services.
Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded an overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
Our Graduate Programme:
At Mercury, we are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become the leaders of tomorrow. We invest in the training and development of our team and provide the support and experience you need to fulfil your potential.
Our Graduate Programme has proved greatly successful in empowering our graduates to develop the vital skills and competencies needed for a lasting career with us. We are committed to engaging and progressing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office-based, project-specific experience, experiential learning and formal training, providing our graduates with insights and experience across the business.
Mercury has been recognised by Grad Ireland as one of Ireland's leading graduate employers and saw our largest-ever intake of 58 graduates in 2021 and 51 Graduates in 2022 and was nominated for Grad Ireland’s Graduate Employer of the Year award for 2020 and again in 2021. We are determined to increase our uptake of graduates in 2023 and are committed to providing a rewarding and challenging programme, with an exciting range of graduate positions across the company.
Our structured training & graduate programme takes 18 months. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates. The courses are delivered by external and internal subject-matter experts in a dedicated learning environment. We have a strong link with Engineers Ireland, and we support graduates who wish to pursue Chartered Engineer status. Each Graduate is assigned a mentor in the first half and an executive coach in the second.
- Develop graduates to achieve maximum effectiveness in their roles.
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs.
- Develop, motivate and retain our graduates.
- Provide skills for future innovations within Mercury.
Training and Career Development:
Graduates receive training through initiatives delivered by leading training providers such as Engineers Ireland and Dale Carnegie. Graduates are assigned with projects and mentors. Mercury ensures that we utilise the knowledge and expertise of our people through a graduate mentoring programme. The project titles are focused on key areas of the business. The projects are presented to our senior management team.
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Experience in a diverse range of specialisations and projects
- Opportunity to work internationally
- Online training initiatives
- CPD training
- Support for charters in employee’s profession
- Continuous Training and Development
- Lunchtime seminars
- Avail of CITA events and training
- Mentoring programmes.
Grad Programme Key Features:
- Induction programme
- Project Management
- Presentation skills
- SAP technical training
- Engineer Seminars
- AutoCAD training
- Building effectiveness
- Team building
- Time Management
- Planning skills
- Collaborative working
- Emotional intelligence
Our structured training program takes 18 months, during which time graduates will have the opportunity to work in a series of interesting and varied roles.
We have opportunities for Graduates in Ireland, U.K and Europe. See below some of our positions available:
- Graduate Mechanical Engineers
- Graduate Electrical Engineers
- Graduate Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineers
- Graduate Mechanical and Electrical QA Engineers
- Graduate Quantity Surveyors (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Graduate Planners / Construction Management Graduates
- Analytics Graduates
- Graduate Fire Protection Engineers (Mechanical Engineers)
- Graduate BIM Engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, CSA)
- Graduate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor
- Graduate Environmental Engineer
- Procurement Graduates
- Group Support Graduate Roles - Business Strategy, Risk Management, Finance, Digital Support
For more information please go to our website: https://www.mercuryeng.com/careers/learning-development/graduate-programmes/
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Level 8 or relevant bachelor’s degree
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & coordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
- Knowledge of any EU language is beneficiall
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now