Commercial Manager, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
As part of the growth in the Battery Manufacturing Sector Mercury is seeking candidates to form part of a new division to bid & execute projects within this up-and-coming industry
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Be Part of a wider team involved in the bid process associated with winning projects in the industry
- Validation of all tender and construction budgets to ensure strict compliance to agreed Margins
- Provide advice to Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Administrators on administra-tion aspects including site instructions, optimal labour allowances, accurate forecasting methods and the protection of margins.
- Work closely with Procurement Department to manage the procurement process from in-ception to completion, ensuring the tender process is in accordance with company guide-lines related to “Authority to let”, as well as sub-contractor agreements, and are within budget.
- Oversee the generation of Internal Monthly Cost Report / Month End Reviews to ensure compliance with validated margins.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to man-agement.
- Full liaison with Business Unit Finance Department.
- Participate, prepare, and review contracts and tenders to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes for a construction project and mitigating risks.
- Assessment and agreement of sub-contractor and supplier variations
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme/Schedule
- Manage the preparation and submission of applications for interim payment certificates and agreement of same with Clients Representative
- Manage insurance needs and settlements of construction projects that may, include public liability, professional indemnity and contract works.
- Actively manage dispute resolution and/or claims should they arise in conjunction with the Commercial Manager / External Consultants
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage project cash-flow on each project in conjunction with Finance Department
- Ensure that Project Team is complying with all Internal Procedures as per agreed Authority Matrix with Mercury Group
- Setup and maintain the risk and opportunity management process for the project.
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants.
- Work closely and mentor where necessary the commercial Staff and management as required.
- Make recommendations to senior project staff on commercial and contract issues that are specific project related.
- Monitor and ensure correct procedures are followed on site in relation to any activity with commercial implications.
- Ensure that all contracts are administered correctly, inclusive of notices and contractual letters where required to mitigate risk to Mercury Engineering.
- Good communication skills at all levels, internal and external to Mercury are essential.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the Business Unit and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Relevant third level qualification in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent level of education (e.g., engineering) combined with commercial experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience & Previous experience in large scale MEP projects - €100m+
- Good Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements.
- Excellent IT Skills (SAP experience is an advantage)
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Must have excellent English language skills.
- Travel will be required for this position.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now