HR Administrator, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including: Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of the Role:
Based in our Head Office in Sandyford, Dublin and reporting to the HRIS Manager, you will own the administrative responsibilities of your designated areas within the Mercury business. This is a fast-paced working environment, across multiple jurisdictions, supporting all areas of the HR Team.
You will have responsibility for the relationship and communication between the extended HR Team and Mercury business stake holders. You will act as the first port of call to employees for all HR related queries.
You will need a good understanding and knowledge of employment law from multiple jurisdictions.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Carry out general administration tasks for the HR Department, for example, sorting post, telephone answering, booking meetings, devising standard Human Resources documents and letters and manage the HR inbox.
- Ensure the HR files are up to date and well organised.
- Respond to reference requests for current or ex-members of staff in line with the Department.
- Ensure electronic and paper-based personnel files are maintained and filing is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the HR page on the intranet is kept up to date.
- Assist with tasks and requests via HR shared Inbox in a timely manner
- Maintain an up-to-date Procedures Manual for all HR Administration duties.
HR Database and Reporting:
- Ensure that the HRIS systems accurately reflect current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- Assist with validation of data from HRIS systems for the purpose of auditing and monitoring employee data and training.
- Manage excel based trackers for internal tracking with key stake holders
- Working closely with the HR Business Partners and Payroll department communicating/administering any changes or benefits administration.
On-boarding and Induction:
- Administer the process for new employees through the Mercury Experience or DocuSign, for example, prepare & issue Contracts of Employment.
- Conduct induction meetings with new employees and liaise with Line Managers and Mentors to ensure they are aware of their responsibility in the induction process.
- Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place.
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line Manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated in accordance with the employee’s terms and conditions.
- Ensure any administration duties for leavers due to disciplinary action are also carried out in a timely manner and filed appropriately according to employment legislation.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted for all staff either face to face or electronically.
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others regarding Health and Safety issues and ensure that the Company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures are implemented.
- To actively promote the Company’s policies and values, encouraging staff awareness and participation in all areas.
- Adhere to the Company’s Data Protection Policy and Procedure and ensure private and confidential data is kept secure and disposed of in the appropriate manner.
- To carry out duties pertinent to the scope of the post as directed by HR Management.
- Ad-hoc duties in line with the HR Administrator role
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 2+ years’ experience in administrative role
- Outstanding multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Teamwork and prioritisation skills essential
- Ability to work well within strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office Suite,
- Fluency in English
- SAP experience
- SuccessFactors experience
- DocuSign Experience
- Knowledge of Construction Industry
- Second EU language.
- HR Admin experience
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.