Business Unit Commissioning Manager, Europe
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Management of all Mercury’s commissioning responsibilities on site. This will include the setup, management of and closing out of the Commissioning plan for the project
- Management of direct reports (commissioning and testing personnel on site).
- Management of the Commissioning Tagging process and procedures.
- Reporting Progress on all Commissioning activities both internally and externally.
- Chairing weekly commissioning meetings and directing weekly commissioning activities.
- Chairing daily whiteboard meetings on commissioning.
- Attending the Main Contractor and clients weekly commissioning meetings and reporting out weekly progress.
- Development of the Project commissioning schedule in conjunction with the project planners.
- Management of Mercury’s “Lock Out – Tag Out” Processes and procedures
- Management of Area Control Permits for all areas under Mercury’s control (Primarily Electrical Switch rooms) to ensure that all areas are restricted and controlled.
- Responsible for the Compilation of all Testing and Commissioning Documentation including verifying and signing off on all results.
- Familiarity with and management of Project Commissioning Schedule in conjunction with other trades, Package Leads, consulting Engineer and Client requirements.
- Ensuring that all testing and commissioning manpower is tracked on the site Labour allocation Tracker sheets and issued daily.
- Assist with the management of all costs associated with your package including:
- Mercury Electrical Team
- Mercury Mechanical team
- Material deliveries and goods receipting
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day on site commissioning operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels.
- Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of all Mercury commissioning related snagging and ensuring that all snags are closed out in a timely manner (within 1 week of been raised).
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, – all with the support of the Electrical Package Manager
- Implement a weekly look ahead ensuring co-ordination with vendors and trades.
- Issue internal weekly progress report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Maintain a weekly project photographic diary
- Developing a strong professional working relationship with the General Contractor, Client and 3rd party commissioning Teams key personnel
- All other duties associated with this role
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.