Store & Materials Manager, Paris, France
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of the Role:
The Materials Manager is responsible for material requirements planning and material availability, ensuring that Project Engineering Team have the required materials and on time. Primary job duties involve planning and securing materials for project and monitors inventory, reviewing proposal purchase orders, and liaising with other departments such as Procurement Team and Store Controllers.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Plan, schedule, and release Purchase Requisitions for requirements driven by engineering material schedule using the SAP system.
- Processing of material requirement dates.
- Document all part shortages and parts requiring schedule changes from suppliers and expedite or push out material deliveries.
- Provide monthly open order reports to key suppliers and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Support operations and engineering regarding all material issues, working closely with staff.
- Responsible for weekly cycle counts maximising inventory turns.
- MRP Key User for training of all required personnel in MRP processes.
- Project Leader for cross-department MRP practices & activities.
- Representative of MRP practices Responsible for Best Practices in the area of MRP and SAP.
- Control to Zero surplus stock and identifying means of achieving this.
- Ensuring system in place to prevent procurement of materials without validating all other storage locations/functional areas/projects.
- Support projects in improving overall strategy of procurement:-
- Bulk buying
- High turnover items
- Consignment stock systems
- Executing and monitoring MRP requisitions that are generated.
- Converting requisitions into PO’s (optional)
- Monitoring stocks and range of coverage. Checking for surplus stock in various project segments to fulfil requirements for other project segments.
- Monitoring MRP exception messages to ensure material will arrive from the supplier based on the engineer’s requirement date
- Amending/deleting open purchase orders and requisitions based on MRP exception messages.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of lean supply chain management methods, such as just-in-time replenishment. Must be familiar with parts lists and products. Self-starter who can take responsibility for a project and follow through with it until completion.
- Must be able to lead and train others in addressing issues and get cooperation from others in a firm, yet diplomatic manner.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an MRP Controller
- Working with SAP software applications
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Use Microsoft products including Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook for improved communication.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.