CSA Manager, Paris, France
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the co-ordination of the Civil, Structural and Architectural work packages.
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the Project Manager & Mercury Safety Advisor, including set up, management of and closing out of file
- Management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury Project Manager and team including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Planner, Project Managers, Sub-Contractors and consulting Engineer/Architect to Mercury Engineering and Client requirements
- Management of all aspects associated with Project with the support of the project QS including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Assisting the Installation Package team to manage the quality needs for the project on site, providing guidance to ensure we are compliant to all relevant standards/codes and specifications associated. This will include all site activities associated with validation and handover to the client.
- Manage the Construction Work Packs process from development, implementation and handover. This will involve activities onsite to support our construction team.
- Schedule material deliveries to correspond with the project schedule. Track deliveries. Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates.
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works. Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority. This will require generation/management of Requests for Information (RFI), Technical queries etc.
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and staffing levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project deliverables including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team
- Issue regular reports to the Project Manager This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, eg: late deliveries.
- Issue external weekly progress report, to the project manager, highlighting areas not available, delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage complete.
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections. Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are being captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the project managers
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- Review drawings and setting out details
- Produce builders works drawings for services
- Maintain a weekly project photographic diary
- Ensure Mercury Policies and procedures are followed closely.
- Carry out distribute & close out CSA snags. Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable. Ensure all snags are distributed to all Sub-contractors
- All other duties associated with this role.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- 7+ years’ experience working with a recognised contractor
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of systems software related to Engineering functions
- Excellent IT skills
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of modularisation
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.