QA Manager, Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
We are seeking an experienced quality manager for a major electrical project with the proven leadership skills to manage the project quality team and strong leadership skills with the ability to build a long-term partnership with both the internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate reporting into the Project Manager, responsible for the final development, sign off, implementation, upkeep and distribution of the Quality Plan.
You will have hands-on experience identifying and addressing quality risks in procedures and controls, evaluating and assessing their effectiveness. You will have a passion for people management and demonstrated ability to build and develop leaders on your team.
As the Quality Manager you are required to lead the delivery of a zero defect/zero rework project. This is very much a management and leadership role. The organisation as a whole will need your leadership in showing what needs to be done in order to deliver this high standard. They will also need guidance and support to deliver the same.
You will have a substantial organisation of your own to manage and it will be up to you to get the very best out of this team. You will need to ensure that all project personnel have been trained to the appropriate level in delivering an exceptionally high-quality project. Our quality goal is “Zero snags at the time where the foreman announces that a system or part of a system in complete”.
You are required to manage and deliver your department goals in a forward looking and controlled manner.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure a safe working environment for all the people under your management and deliver an incident and injury free project.
- Role model all aspects of working in a safe manner and ensure that all your leadership team do the same.
- Demonstrate understanding and creativity by leading the quality team to develop approaches and solutions to enhance QA coverage and enhance QA impact to the project.
- You will set up and implement all necessary procedures, controls & systems on site.
- Manage and publish all quality indicators on a weekly basis.
- Effectively communicate project QA indicators to all levels of management and project stakeholders, providing insights into recommended areas for improvements to prevent recurring issues.
- Standardise QA reporting & metrics, ensuring that we are focused on the right measures.
- Gather and analyse feedback to provide recommendations for quality improvements.
- Ensure all quality systems are online in an easily accessible location and that everyone that needs to use them knows where to find them.
- Set up test packs.
- Work with package leads to ensure that systems can be tested and handed over ahead of the published schedule needs.
- Performance management of your team members.
- Keep a rolling 8 week look ahead of constraints and constraints clearing.
- Forecast headcount requirements and agree staffing.
- You will be a key member of the Lean Construction team. Details of the initiative will be worked out later.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of all aspects of the delivery of large, high quality construction projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills with a tested and proven desire to motivate individuals and hold team members accountable for performance.
- Show a track record of delivering on such projects and be able to describe in detail how they lead the team to deliver these results.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Hold a primary or master’s degree in QA/QC or an equivalent discipline.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of strategic planning as well as tactical execution.
- Experience working as part of a project, cross-functional team and working with all levels.
- Relevant IT experience.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now