Supplier Relationship Lead - German Speaking, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The overall intention is to move Mercury supply-chain from being an administrative department into being a strategic partner of choice within the business and respected externally by all clients, suppliers and subcontractors. This Supplier Relationship Lead will interface directly with Group Head of Estimating and Senior Operation managers to bridge the current gap in supporting Mercury projects throughout Europe. Support and suggest a suitable strategy to identify, engage and monitor suitable Subcontractor in CSA, Electrical and Mechanical across Europe initially and further as required in the future.
*Suppliers = Subcontractors, Vendors, Agencies and Consultants.
This role will require extensive travel and a self-motivated candidate to drive the onboarding of Subcontractors especially in 2022. This is a pivotal role for Mercury to meet the exponential growth currently being experienced and you must be Fluent German speaker.
Responsibilities of the role:
Support the Supplier Relation Manager and take the lead of the sub-contract team to manage all supply chain elements across multi-discipline projects. Encourage a team ethic where a culture of shared responsibility is promoted.
- Source additional supply chain and represent the company in construction Exhibitions
- Agree on the best systems and practice pertaining to management of Suppliers.
- Organise and contribute to each exhibition where Mercury Engineering is supposed to be in terms of stand, communication and staff.
- Continuously improve systems, methods and procedures ensuring the most modern sourcing methods are followed.
- Proposal support - provide high quality input to prequalification and tender responses.
- Formulate pre-tender & post procurement strategies
- Own key supplier relationships.
- Support the regular review and assessment of the supply chain.
- Support the Pre-Qualification and Performance Management system.
- Maximise commercial return through effective engagement with the Supply Chain
- Management Information: preparation of reports on Procurement activities internally and externally.
- Developing and managing via exception reports.
- Engage in problem solving by offering alternative positions and evaluating them openly and fairly.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within the construction/engineering industry.
- Good knowledge of the supply chain in a complex multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Procurement, supply chain, and/or technically relevant work experience.
- Proven effectiveness in establishing and managing supplier relationships.
- Experience with sourcing and qualifying new suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Power Point.
- Empathy and high capacity to listen.
- Fluent German speaker.
- Power Automate and Power BI would be a plus
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now