Financial Accountant, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The successful candidate will be involved in the financial and management accounting of the Group’s entities. The role will be challenging and will offer exposure to all areas in the business. Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Exposure to all aspects of the company's financial and operational systems
- General ledger maintenance
- Assisting in the completion of month end reporting for review
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet & payroll along with intercompany accounting support
- Analyse financial information and prepare reports for review
- Assist in completion of statutory year end accounts, audits and all regulatory filings
- Work with other departments on various projects and initiatives
- Completion & review of reconciliations (bank, creditor etc.)
- All other adhoc duties as required
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience training / working in an accounting environment (part / fully qualified)
- Must be computer literate – Excel, SAP
- Must be driven and capable of working on own initiative as well as working well in a team environment reporting
- Work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines
- PowerBI experience desirable
- Construction / Engineering experience desirable, though not essential
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now