Senior Expeditor, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Develops or modifies the expediting plan for assigned project(s) which is based on criticality ratings of the goods and equipment in relationship to the project schedule
- Ensure clear Inspection Test Plan is agreed by both parties and coordinate any FAT’s, SAT’s etc
- Make sure that all materials in a commodity group and/or equipment for assigned projects are expedited on regular basis to ensure on-time delivery,
- Works with suppliers and project team to recover if schedules are not being met
- Provide dashboard to internal stakeholders to inform them about supplier performances related to on-time delivery, reliability and quality
- Visit suppliers manufacturing facilities to assess production process and compliancy with Mercury policies and standards
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Knowledge of materials and equipment being purchased
- Knowledge of procurement law, regulations and commercial contract terms
- Knowledge of international quality standards and Country related ones at EMEA level
- Basic knowledge of trends and economic conditions affecting assignments
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with suppliers and intra-company interfaces.
- Ability to assist in preparation of project expediting plan
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with MS office and basic understanding of IT systems used for production (Oracle or SAP)
- Strong problem-solving attitude: Must think through multiple alternatives and potential consequences to determine and communicate best outcome.
- Goal oriented
- A third level qualification preferably in a technical discipline.
- Production/ site experience
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Fluent German/French is a plus
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now