Quantity Surveyor, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Due to the continued growth in Mercury’s construction activities, the group is expanding its Project Controls function and is looking for another Quantity Surveyor to join the team. The main role of the function in Mercury is to enhance business visibility into project performance through the development and implementation of consistent tools and processes. This provides a platform for accurate, consistent reporting and early identification of critical issues on projects.
The group views accurate forecasting of project financial outcomes as the cornerstone of how we manage and report on our business.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Reporting to the Project Controls Director the role will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- Critical review of monthly reports presented by the project teams including the forecast revenue and cost plans, earned value management, schedule and the assessment of key project risks.
- Preparation and analysis of reports through the creation and modification of data sets, use of Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Match Excel functions and conditional formatting.
- Participation in detailed project reviews at margin validation stage and through the project life cycle to ensure that proper and effective project control measures are in place with an emphasis on cost control, schedule and progress monitoring.
- Work closely with the Project Controls team to improve existing processes and procedures.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction industry (CSA, Mech or Elec) with relevant experience in:
- Preparation of monthly commercial project reports,
- Preparation of enquiry documents, analysis, and issuance of contract documents to our supply chain,
- Monitoring change in our scope of work and pricing of variations, and
- Financial and contractual control of subcontractor accounts.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals to achieve tight deadlines, prioritise tasks and effectively time-manage.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate project positions and commercial issues.
- Proactive, detail orientated with ability to also understand and see the broader impacts.
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Committed and self-motivated that can adapt to change within a fast-moving environment.
- Advanced Excel skills required and experience in Power BI would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in working with SAP finance system and a high degree of IT literacy would be an advantage.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now