Shift Engineer, London
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
To provide Risk Mitigation to the assets under contract and ensure all environmental conditions are maintained with regards to critical data centre building systems. To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU’s, CRAC units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls can also include concessionary stores, fabric related and any other maintenance related items. ➢ Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works.
- To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices.
- To follow EOPs and escalate accordingly when incident occur. ➢ Issuing of permits to work as well as requesting and contributing to the permitting procedure.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment which must strictly include the wearing of uniform and PPE.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff and clients.
- Ensure up to date shift logs are always kept.
- Ensure that all plant rooms under are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of vendor works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To remain on site until relieved by oncoming shift.
- To work in a shift pattern in a full-time basis.
Key Criteria for the Role:
- Electrical, electronics or mechanical trade background preferred.
- Experience with subcontractor or team management in roles such as a site engineer or previous day engineer experience.
- Experience in LV & HV switching in a critical environment.
- Experience and understanding in UPS systems.
- Knowledge of Critical cooling systems and SLA’s / KPI’s within a critical environment.
- Knowledge of basic Air Conditioning and humidity control.
- Experience in the operation and control of generators.
- Experience in use and interrogation of BMS systems in monitoring plant.
- Practical knowledge of H&S requirements including Risk Assessment, LOTO & permits to work.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now