CSA Estimator, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The CSA Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of an accurate, detailed estimate from start to finish. He / She will prepare a Bill of Quantities using 2D drawings, and or BIM models, identifying at the outset which is most efficient for each project. He / She will engage with supply chain locally to obtain sub-contractor quotes / current market rates for incorporation into each tender. He / She will produce an accurate, fully priced bid including a BQ encapsulating all works required by the Employers Requirements as well as the current market rates at that point in time, for presentation to the Group CSA Estimation Manager. He / She will also complete the Client Pricing Document(s) for submission to the Client.
- Document Control:
- Tender Document Control for each bid. Analyse drawings, specifications, tender addenda and all other documentation to ascertain what work elements need to be measured and priced for inclusion in the BoQ.
- File finalised documentation for future reference as per company filing structures.
- Quantification of work:
- Be competent in Cost X estimation work practices for both 2D and 5D applications.
- Obtain quotation from the local market from vendors or subcontractors. Interrogating these quotations for scope gaps and variances and inputting correct figures into the bid.
- Liaise with construction team to obtain rates reflecting actual costs, and lessons learned from previous projects
- Change Management:
- Keep up to date with all tender addenda issued both pre-tender and post tender, and analyse all for change. Schedule these changes and apply rates for updated / revised tender bid submissions
- Time Management:
- Demonstrate excellent time management of his / her time, to achieve tight deadlines. Time is of the essence in preparing BQ’s, so it is essential the candidate can demonstrate this competency.
- Software skills:
- Competent in the use of Cost X and
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Mentoring and supporting junior staff:
- Provide support and training to junior staff
- Data centre CSA commercial experience desirable.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
- 5+ years' experience in Quantity Surveying/Estimating role
- Competent in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
- Proven track record working on projects over €10-15m
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of competency in BQ preparation and pricing.
- Travel: There will be a requirement to travel occasionally for day trip / overnight to attend client meetings, for both post and mid bid meeting requirements, when the need arises.
- This role would suit an ambitious Estimator seeking to progress their career, or a QS looking to broaden his / her experience in a large pre-construction team from either a PQS or Contractor background.
- This role is heavily geared towards the data centre sector across Europe, which is a booming sector at present with future growth expected for at least the next 5 years, promising unrivalled job security in the current market.
- This role will also make further education a priority for those candidates wishing to develop their academic qualifications in terms of Postgrad diplomas (level 9), SCSI Chartership , etc. Mercury will provide support in this regard.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now