Junior Project Manager (German Speaking), Frankfurt, Germany
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Mercury has been recognised by Grad Ireland as one of Ireland's leading graduate employers and last year saw our largest ever intake of graduates. We were nominated for Grad Ireland’s Graduate Employer of the Year award for 2020 and again in 2021.
We are looking for a Graduate Project Manager with fluency in German language to start on one of our projects in Frankfurt, Germany as soon as possible.
Responsibilties of the Role:
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file
- Management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury QA Manager including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project team, consulting Engineer and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with Project including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable.
- Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
- Upload to the project Filekey system, with the support of the project QS, internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, eg: late deliveries.
- Issue external weekly progress report, to all stakeholders, highlighting areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the package managers
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- All other duties associated with this role.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1 in Project Management/Engineering degree
- Fluency in German Speaking is a must
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
If this looks like you, please apply on the role. We would be looking forward receiving your application.
Our structured Graduate Programme takes 18 months. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates.
For more information please go to our website: https://www.mercuryeng.com/careers/learning-development/graduate-programmes/
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now