Senior Finance Manager, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller
- Take end to end ownership of process improvement activities for a large-scale International Finance team.
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the business to drive cross functional performance improvements.
- Carry out detailed analysis of existing systems and processes, before scoping and delivering projects that will address identified challenges.
- Identify and deliver ways to enhance and automate existing processes.
- Ensure accounting and financial controls are applied consistently throughout the group.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Create strong business partnerships and manage service levels with senior internal stakeholders and external third-party service providers.
- Responsibility for recruitment, goal setting, performance management, and identifying training and development needs for the Accounting Team
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum 10 years’ experience in multinational environment.
- Demonstrate team management experience.
- Relevant industry PQE with large, fast-growing, multi-national company.
- Previous experience undertaking process improvement tasks or projects.
- Excellent, project management and process improvement skills.
- Very organised and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong foundation in Financial Accounting, compliance with experience of initiating and driving projects to completion.
- Proven ability to multitask, with ability to design plans and deliver against them.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel (experience with SAP ERP or similar package is desirable).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multitask, with a proven ability to design plans and deliver against them.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.