Contract Operations Lead, Warsaw, Poland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The Contract operations lead is a key position for the successful delivery of the contract. They will be part of the site leadership team that ensures the safe and reliable performance of the contract. They will primarily be responsible for scheduling, resourcing, managing, and implementing the planned preventative maintenance program for the site. Their duties will also include site administration of the procurement function. They will be knowledgeable in local legislative requirements for building safety and maintenance. They will partner with local training team(s) to ensure all staff qualifications support current maintenance requirements to ensure that the right number of individuals are available at the right times to enable the fast, smooth execution of CE (Critical Environment) work activities.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for managing and controlling the Permit systems and safe systems of work.
- Monitor the PPM system and to update plant records and assets as and when required.
- To ensure current health and safety legislation is carried out on site.
- To complete in conjunction with the critical facility manager Monthly Permit report ensuring that significant events or activities as well as areas of concern are noted in the report.
- To assist, produce and construct the current Risk Assessments, which are used throughout all facilities/sites.
- Accountable for developing, communicating, and delivering the PPM program complete with detailed work packs and vendor reporting regime.
- Supervise, coordinate, and manage the engineering team undertaking PPM or reactive works in accordance with the agreed timescale, providing technical support and leadership for the engineering team.
- Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective, and efficient manner (including HV operations).
- Controlling all activities being undertaken within the building. Liaising with the Site Personnel to make them aware of Vendor visits. To prepare and assist with the creation and approval of Switching Schedules or Method of Procedures (MOPS)/PTW in advance of these visits.
- Ensure that Vendor worksheets are signed off where necessary and that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are escalated to the Site Management Team.
- Ensure that an effective shift handover is in place including critical plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works, special task requests, and standard of housekeeping.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Contracts Manager.
- Ensure the Vendor comply with the contractual service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Accountability for managing the site related procurement supported by the head office function.
- Develop detailed monthly reporting statistics that analyse the purchasing trends of sites and identifies any anomalies.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Must be fluent in Polish and English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data centre industry carrying out a similar role
- Qualified electrician or mechanical trade
- HV Authorised Person
- Confined Space entry trained / AP (Where required)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, Generators, Static Switches, Water Treatment, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team of technicians/operatives
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation
- Have good IT and reporting skills
- A high level of initiative
- Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence, and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
- Integrity, honesty, and punctuality is also expected
- Individuals who can demonstrate leadership and experience but may not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to client approval. Training will be required in this instance.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now