Operations Manager, Europe
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensuring client relations are maintained.
- Understand strategy and pipeline for future projects.
- Manage the tender process from an operations function.
- Ensuring that communication between head office departments and the site is utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the Business Unit and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to senior management and board of directors to keep them up to date on all projects.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures.
- Ensure that an internal contract review meeting is held with Mercury legal team and that the key staff attend.
- Fully understand Mercury’s contract position for the project.
- To manage the overall operations of the project, and ensure that the Safety, Quality, and Environmental objectives of the client and the project team are established and progress toward these is measured.
- Monitor and advise on the administration of the Client/Mercury Contract and on the Mercury Sub-contractor contracts.
- Ensure that the management systems are implemented at all stages throughout the construction process, particularly with respect to Sub-contractor management.
- Reviewing, in conjunction with the Q.A/QC manager and Project Manager, the effectiveness of the management systems as a means of achieving safety, quality and environmental objectives.
- To ensure that the project team comply with the Mercury Engineering project controls, processes and procedures.
- To initiate staff training where required.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager Ensure that staff are working efficiently and effectively.
- Review actual progress against planned and ensure that clear and concise reporting to the project team and Mercury Engineering Senior Management.
- Assessing, in conjunction with the Project Q.S. and Project Manager the financial and commercial contracting matters on the project.
- Ensure project reporting is clear and concise and reflects current project status.
- Ensure that packages and scope of works are reviewed prior to subcontracts being agreed.
- Ensure that client relations are maintained at all times.
- Deal with any internal or external disputes.
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.