Payroll Administrator, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Processing multiple monthly and weekly payrolls with strict adherence to deadlines
- Process new hire, terminations, status changes, pay rate changes for each jurisdiction
- Ensure statutory payroll requirements are met through research validation of local payroll legislation and annual updates
- Implement current and correct statutory payroll requirements for each jurisdiction
- Complete control of payroll jurisdictions to ensure correct payroll calculations are met
- Regular updates of internal and external information through individual secure portals from
- payroll bureaus
- Acting as point of contact for employees and stakeholders relating to all legislative
- requirements for each jurisdiction
- Working closely with HR & Taxation dept. regarding the setup of new payrolls
- Assistance with the registration of tax id’s and social security numbers for employees in posted countries.
- Assist with process improvements and standardisation- Tax calculators set up for each country
- Set up of general guidelines per jurisdictions.
- Liaise with HR to ensure payroll have all necessary information
- Work with finance to prepare and review monthly journals - Run cost allocation reports for each jurisdiction at the end of month
- Maintain payroll records/ reporting/control sheets in a timely manner
- Manage the relationship with our external payroll providers in each country.
- Involvement with annual returns and other statutory filings
- Updating A1 Certs according to site movements and liaising with members of the department of social protection regarding applications
- Aiding in the rollout of international payroll
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- SAP experience desirable
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.