Document Controller, Clonee, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Download all new project information to project key files and distribute to the team
- Maintain key files with the latest revisions and recent documentation
- Log and track all uploaded and returned documents.
- Maintaining of live drawings
- Maintain the DC management system
- Experience in dealing with multidiscipline design teams, subcontractors and a wide client base
- Ensuring the timely distribution of documents & drawings to project personnel
- Working in accordance with company procedures & guidelines
- Receiving and full quality check of all drawings and documents transmitted by the lead consultants in line with naming convention / files names etc
- Management of document control software system ensuring that all parties receive adequate training and then use the system
- Maintenance of controlled document registers and associated documentation
- Assist Project Managers to develop and maintain documents such as, drawings, specifications, approvals and related items
- Working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment it’s important they can stay focused and carry out their tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Deal in a competent and dependable manner with complex and sensitive documents.
- Prioritise, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot. Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills are also essential due to the requirement to regularly communicate with internal and external business partners.
- All other duties associated with this role
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years working as Document Controller within the industry
- Good knowledge of the construction industry
- Knowledge of Procore would be beneficial but not essential
- Strong Administration experience
- The Document Controller should be self-directed and possess the ability to work independently and be highly-motivated
- Fluent in English language
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of other IT systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Electronic Document Management Systems
- Ability to liaise and manage all site paperwork
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Excellent communication skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now