IT First Line Support, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Provide IT support to project-based employees. Based in project office supporting multi-year project for large client. Role will require also involvement in Group level IT support activities. Reporting to IT Service Delivery Manager
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing support calls from end users via different channels: helpdesk system, email, voicemail, telephone or in person
- Resolution of support calls in accordance with established Service Level Agreements – be that by the first line support person or by forwarding the ticket to other relevant personnel e.g. System Admin or third-party support resource
- Logging all support calls and follow up with caller to confirm problem resolution
- Performing a range of systems administrative tasks under supervision of System Admin
- Managing project specific logistics (orders and deliveries of IT equipment and software)
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems with main focus on Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Working knowledge of standard office applications (Microsoft Office, SAP, Adobe).
- Familiarity with most Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Android).
- Understanding of corporate directory systems (i.e. Active Directory)
- Knowledge of sharing files and printers in Microsoft Windows network.
- Basic understanding of computer networks (TCP/IP, VPN, Switching, Routing)
- Familiarity with remote support / access tools (LogMeIn, GoToAssist, TeamViewer)
- Basic experience with PC hardware (replacing hard drive, graphic card, power supply)
- Problem solving – to take structured approach to problems
- Ability to manage and prioritise own tasks
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve end users’ problem within Microsoft operating system environment
- Willing to constantly improve qualifications
Educational Background (any of the following)
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Any relevant IT certificates
- Any experience in corporate IT environment would be considered as a bonus.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now