Quality Engineer, Dublin, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Quality in Mercury
Mercury’s continued commitment is to deliver the best possible service to our clients. Quality is at the very heart of this service and of everything that we do. In Mercury we adopt an approach to quality that is right first time every time, putting quality before profit. Our approach to quality is built on a pillar of honesty and openness aligned with our client's needs. Our hands-on digital approach to quality provides us detailed analysis across all our projects and our entire supply chain. This enables continuous focus on improvements in our drive to deliver quality excellence. It’s our bold promise that Mercury will always deliver.
Mercury’s QA Team
Our QA team is spread across all of our business units made up a mixed group of diverse, dynamic and experienced people from all construction disciplines. With more than 70 staff dedicated QA staff this team is second to none. The QA team also provides Business Unit leads who head up on-site delivery and use of our Digital Construction Management Platform among other innovative initiatives.
We are looking for a positive, energetic person to join like-minded people in the Mercury QA team.
Responsibilities of the role:
Reporting to the Group Design, Innovation and Quality Manager your role will include but not be limited to the following activities;
- Work closely with all Business Units & support function & management to ensure the highest standards of Quality is achieved.
- Conduct project audits & reports checking quality management systems & certification compliance, identifying & documenting any deficiencies and coordinating closure in line with approved methods and best practices.
- While the position is a head office the Quality engineer will be required as needed to travel to all locations where Mercury is currently operating.
- Review quality documentation develop work instruction/standard operating procedures.
- Provide documented findings on conformance and non-conformance to management.
- Conduct audits with off-site fabrication facilities, supply chain subcontractors.
- Support the implementation of quality procedures and processes.
- Prepare reports & KPI’s for Mercury Management.
- Maintenance & upkeep of detailed records.
- Continuous improvement initiatives and activities as and when required
- All other duties associated with this role.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in the construction sector.
- Degree in Quality, Engineering or other relevant degree.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of industry QA standards, procedures, and processes.
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work).
- Degree in Quality, Engineering or other relevant degree
- Industry recognized qualification in Quality Assurance
- BIM 360 experience
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.