Project Procurement Manager, Dublin, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead a procurement team to manage all supply chain elements across multi-discipline projects. Encourage a team ethic where a culture of shared responsibility is promoted.
The key responsibilities are:
- To lead and manage a team of Procurement personnel across various disciplines and geographical areas (Ireland, UK, Netherlands or as requested)
- Assigning, training, monitoring, checking and coordinating the work of the team is a major part of the role.
- Apply a broad understanding of financial management principals and other quantitative information to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and based on your procurement budget.
- To lead vendor meetings, build and maintain supplier relationships.
- To implement a contract framework strategy with all key supply chain members.
- To attend internal meetings
- Systematic control over purchasing, storing and consumption of materials required for assigned projects.
- Co-ordinate the fleet, tool and plant requirements for assigned projects.
- Write Preliminary Project Execution Plans
- Conduct site visits to meet project teams.
- Run bi-weekly meetings with sites
- Drive and exceed procurement KPI’s
- Develop and run RFP/RFQ packages
- Analyse bids
- Develop and work on out to tender schedule
- Submit proposals
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 9 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in category management.
- A third level qualification, preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
Mercury Engineering is an equal opportunities employer