Design Manager - Slough, UK, UK
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Procure the design from a consultant design partner from initial tender enquiry to appointment.
- Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the project team and design consultant team.
- Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
- Review completed design is accurate and precise.
- Manage design document control.
- Project prioritization of design, assignment and management to designers.
- Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Implement recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Assist technically internal and external customers.
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
- Liaising with clients, insurance companies, consultants and architects.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.