Cost Controller - Clonee, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide full support to Construction Team including,
- Management of the project cost control.
- Responsible for the weekly reporting to the site and sector commercial managers and the line manager.
- Preparation of the monthly accounts for the Client.
- Responsibility for the forecasting of cash inwards & outwards
- Responsible for Completing Month End Reports for projects
- Separating cost out between the projects as all are combined within one job code.
- Finalising subcontractor applications and processing payment certs.
- Managing Processing and approving all car and house rentals.
- Cleaning and waste removal invoices.
- Billing correctly the invoices and car rental to each project as defined.
- Processing payment of warehouses and phone bills for projects.
- Managing of the catering for the Sites along with the rental.
- Aligning with Invoices to ensure payment is approved.
- Approving and creating PO’s for hire.
- Aligning subsistence and flights for Project staff members and ensuring reimbursement is done.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Academically (Degree) qualified and or relevant experience in the industry
- 3+ years’ experience in a cost control / management role
- Experience in the electrical sector an advantage
- Experience in use of Excel a requirement
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience using SAP & Microsoft Office advanced user skills.
- Good oral & written communication skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.