Senior Operations Director, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury’s culture has always been deeply rooted in its rigorous approach to ensuring employee safety and wellbeing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work into a Business Unit Director
- Working across multiple jurisdictions.
- Ensuring client relations are maintained.
- Understand strategy and pipeline for future projects.
- Manage the tender process from an operations function.
- Ensuring that communication between head office departments and the site is utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the Business Unit and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to senior management and board of directors to keep them up to date on all projects.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures.
- Ensure that an internal contract review meeting is held with Mercury legal team and that the key staff attend.
- Fully understand Mercury’s contract position for the project.
- To manage the overall operations of the project, and ensure that the Safety, Quality, and Environmental objectives of the client and the project team are established and progress toward these is measured.
- Monitor and advise on the administration of the Client/Mercury Contract and on the Mercury Sub-contractor contracts.
- Ensure that the management systems are implemented at all stages throughout the construction process, particularly with respect to Sub-contractor management.
- Reviewing, in conjunction with the Q.A/QC manager and Project Manager, the effectiveness of the management systems as a means of achieving safety, quality and environmental objectives.
- To ensure that the project team comply with the Mercury Engineering project controls, processes and procedures.
- To initiate staff training where required.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager Ensure that staff are working efficiently and effectively.
- Review actual progress against planned and ensure that clear and concise reporting to the project team and Mercury Engineering Senior Management.
- Assessing, in conjunction with the Project Q.S. and Project Manager the financial and commercial contracting matters on the project.
- Ensure project reporting is clear and concise and reflects current project status.
- Ensure that packages and scope of works are reviewed prior to subcontracts being agreed.
- Ensure that client relations are maintained at all times.
- Deal with any internal or external disputes.
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.