CSA Package Manager, The Netherlands
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the co-ordination of the Civil and Structural work packages.
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with Mercury Safety Advisor, including set up, management of and closing out of file
- Management of Site QA in conjunction with Mercury Project Manager and team including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Planner, Project Managers, Sub-Contractors and consulting Engineer/Architect to Mercury Engineering and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with Project with the support of the project QS including:
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day-to-day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team
- Issue Daily Report to the Project Manager
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are being captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with the project managers
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- Review drawings and setting out details
- Ensure builders works drawings for services incorporated in base build.
- Carry out distribute & close out CSA snags
- All other duties associated with this role
- Liaise with design team and project coordinator to ensure necessary information (as required by construction team) is prioritised (where necessary) and issued is issued in accordance with construction schedule.
- Ability to think methodically and possessing strong problem-solving skills to resolve design and development issues.
- Technical skills
- Understanding of site technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Understanding of structural detailing and required calculations.
- Sound Mathematical and IT skill
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Degree qualified in Civil or structural Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with a recognised groundworks/ RC frame sub-contractor
- Minimum 5 years of site management experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now