Communications Officer, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of Role:
The Communications Officer will lead the communications activities within the Communications Team, which sits within Mercury’s Support Services. The Communications Officer will report directly to the Senior Communications Manager and will work closely with a variety of senior stakeholders in Mercury.
Mercury’s Communications Team is responsible for delivering frequent, high-quality communications across multiple channels, taking a digital first approach that supports the company’s wider needs by getting key messages to important stakeholders such as clients, employees, partners, and industry colleagues.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• Contributing to the development of overseeing high-impact communications/PR campaigns
• Implementing the external and internal communications strategy and annual planning and monitoring success
• Collaborating with senior internal stakeholders, group support teams, and project teams to develop innovative communications solutions in support of Mercury’s strategic business objectives, especially in key areas like project delivery, sustainability, digital transformation, and safety
• Proactively identifying communications opportunities for Mercury’s relevant business areas and building a strong pipeline of materials for the communications calendar
• Producing high-quality content for Mercury’s website and social media channels and external publications
• Supporting with the development and delivery of senior leadership profiling opportunities
• Ensure Mercury’s branding guidelines and strategic messaging are delivered across all social media content, promotional materials, and publications
• Developing, managing, and growing client communication framework agreements across all sectors.
• Managing communication calendars for upcoming projects, events, and initiatives.
• Liaising with third-party agencies and publication partners
• Monitoring industry trends and continuously updating methods, processes, and tools to be best-in-class
• Participating in crisis communication monitoring activities
• Providing support and coaching to both junior and senior staff on various communications matters
• Assisting with the provision of media advice and support to colleagues and stakeholders
• Supporting marketing activities and business development events where necessary
• 4+ years of experience in producing corporate communications for a B2B company or similar.
• Degree in a communications, marketing, journalism, business, or relevant work experience required.
• Exceptional writing, editing, communication, storytelling, and project management skills.
• Ability to quickly communication technical and complex information into clear, user-friendly communications for both a general audience and a specific client and industry community base.
• Prior experience with both internal/employee communications and marketing communications.
• Proven examples of press release writing and social media content, particularly LinkedIn.
• The ability to multitask and manage deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to high quality standards.
• Ability to work with brand guidelines.
• Strong eye for visually engaging content. Working with graphic design package(s) is an advantage.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Scheduling & Analytics Tools, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
• Open to travel.