Design Manager, The Netherlands
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
At Mercury, we build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again, across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Advanced Technology, Live Environment, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Healthcare & Building Services. Our global team is over 2,800 people strong, and along with our supply-chain partners, we have 8,500+ people working on our client projects. We operate across over 16 locations in Europe and recorded overall turnover in excess of €1.5bn in 2021.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education, and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Procure the design from a consultant design partner from initial tender enquiry to appointment.
- Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the project team and design consultant team.
- Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
- Review completed design is accurate and precise.
- Manage design document control.
- Project prioritisation of design, assignment and management to designers.
- Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Implement recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Assist technically internal and external customers.
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
- Liaising with clients, insurance companies, consultants and architects.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Electrical engineering background preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the Construction industry.
- Solid experience required coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Project management experience across all design phases (design fees time / cost management)
- Proven experience managing small teams
- Experience working on a BIM environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.