Mechanical Engineer, Cork, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Scope of the Role:
We are looking to appoint a Mechanical Design Engineer to our Central Engineering team in Cork. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary division that is trusted to deliver some of the industry's most challenging and time critical engineering projects.
Our need to recruit comes from the success of delivering for our clients in the Data Centre sector. This is a great opportunity for a design engineer with 3-5 years’ experience to work within an internationally renowned engineering firm, working on large scale multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
Whether you are currently on your journey towards Chartership or are a Chartered Engineer, we will support you in your career development.
- Minimum BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Working towards Chartership
- Experience working in a design consultancy - experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable.
- High level of technical skill in Building Services is essential
- Good level of computer literacy and mechanical software packages - an understanding of Revit and BIM360 is beneficial.
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Able to see wider picture outside own discipline in projects is essential
- Financial awareness useful but ability to develop this skill is required
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within Ireland and abroad for project related work when required
- To undertake Building Services design on international projects with a good understanding of design standards
- Preparation of design calculations on industry standard software for a variety of buildings
- Review of drawings and specifications
- Representing Mercury at meetings with clients and consultants
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Site surveys and inspections
- Manage own workload and workload of others
- Monitor site works
- Assist in preparing and managing scope of works for Mercury sub consultants
- Raise RFI’s and technical submittals during mechanical design development
- Review development of established standard details and specifications
- Technical responsibility for Quality associated with design deliverables
- Review of mechanical submissions
- Ensure consistency of approach across packages
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now