Junior/Intermediate BIM Modeller, UK
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including: Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure workflows are in place and the team understand said workflows.
- Work closely with the design teams as required, ensuring agreed workflows are in place to interaction with the design team for timely sign off of drawings. Escalate as required.
- Ensure Project deliverables and deadlines are met in accordance with agreed project schedules.
- Ensuring BIM deliverables are in place at project commencement and agreed with the project manager/sector manager.
- Provide weekly project reports in accordance with BIM standard reporting procedures – highlighting status, issues and plans with PAS, including constraint logs, hours consumed vs hours forecasted for the BIM team.
- Provide innovation and efficiency guidelines and direction to the BIM project team.
- Drive the BIM team strategy, tactics and plans across the project team and wider BIM department and local BIM team.
- Role model Mercury Values to the wider BIM department.
- Responsible for production of 3D Construction models from base information – Base Design, PID’s, Scan & point cloud data
- Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BOM
- Clash management on all systems
- Design and detailing of services support systems
- Adherence to Mercury CAD and BIM manuals and processes
- Collaboration with other trades
- Field surveying and verification
- Management of drawing schedules
- Development of models and reports in line with scheduling requirements
- Problem solving and resolution of co-ordination and design roadblocks
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets
- Attendance at design and construction reviews
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems
- Liaison with Mercury site staff in interpreting and amending models
- Ensure integration of models into federated model for overall co-ordination
- Development of 3D coordinated services and structure layouts for clash control
- Remain fully up to date with the drawing management
- Development of mechanical & electrical systems and designs coordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- Technical report writing
- Production of 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details
- Complete material procurement schedules
- Programming (timelines) for projects
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Mercury’s EHS Policies and systems
- Co-ordinate installation of mechanical services with other trades
- Ensure QA/QC compliance
- All other duties associated with this role
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- 1-2 years’ experience in BIM
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now