OFCI Manager, Paris, France
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Mercury is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical or Mechanical Engineer - Owner Furnished Contractor Installed (OFCI) Manager with Building Services Engineering experience to work on a Data Centre project. You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive and rewarding culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
As part of the development within the Data Centre campus the client are procuring all major electrical and mechanical equipment which Mercury are responsible for integration within the overall building Mechanical package.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Technical review of the clients procured equipment through detailed Technical Submittal review and integration within the overall building design.
- Generation of Requests for Information (RFI) to seek clarification on design intent following review of OFCI released information.
- Liaise with on the site construction team on technical information, deliveries and attendances.
- Attend Factory Witness testing when required.
- Attend and chair weekly client OFCI meetings.
- Management of OFCI delivery process including scheduling within overall programme and tracking and recording delays as and when required.
- Management of OFCI installation with the Construction team ensuring installation is in compliance with all local regulations and equipment vendor standard installation details.
- Management of OFCI engineer’s attendance onsite.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- 5+ years’ experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical/pipework
- Excellent organisational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of Navisworks and database systems related to engineering functions
- Familiar with Project/Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now